Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Woohoo just got my ccna yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gozar

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2004
US
I took the 2 test route.

Passed the intro test 3 weeks ago and the icnd test yesterday.

CCSP is going to be next.

What would be your advice to those of us who will be studying and taking the test in the future?

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

The study materials I used were:

Todd Lammle's audio set - I hate wasting time in traffic and have listened to his lecture on what the test topics covered over and over for months.

Cisco Press has test prep books for both - I really love the simulated questions in their exam engine.

I also have the boson network simulator for the ccna.

I read the intro book 3 times ( I keep the pdf on my work pc) and the icnd book once. And went through all the exam questions over and over in their test engine.

I don't really get any work experience with our networking equipment so the simulation stuff was where I really concentrated.

gozar,

Congrats!!

Good job, and good post on the study material you used!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Thanks - does anyone know where I can get audio cds for ccsp? I am googling all over the place .

Where did you get the CCNA CD's?

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Google 'Todd Lammle audio ccna '

I think the site is globalnettraining - or something like that - it is 5 cds and goes for around $200 I think - not to be used alone but it is a great supplement.

He also writes some of the sybex cisco prep guides you see out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back