Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Won't play mp3 songs or any VCD for long

Status
Not open for further replies.

libroos

Technical User
Feb 16, 2001
SG
Hi all,

I am using Intel 810 chipset motherboard, 128MB RAM, installed with Windows 2000 Professional.

Everytime I tried to play mp3 songs(in my hard disk), after some time, it would just hang the music,i.e. there would be a sound stucked there...

unable to restart pc, have to press the reset button..

I have checked the event viewer, which shows the following:

Source: perfctrs
Event ID: 3101

Description:
Unable to read IO control information from NBT device.

Any advice from anyone..?

Thank you...

Regards,
libroos

Hi Segfault7375,

Thank you providing such valuable link, I will try it out..

I tested another time, discovered that while I play VCD,
after some time, the sound also hanged.

Is this problem linked to the event viewer error ?

Regards,
libroos7

It's hard to say for sure.. Since you are getting problems with both MP3 and sound on VCDs, you may want to update your audio drivers. That is also frequently the cause of such issues.

Segfault7375

Hi Segfault7375,

I have checked my DEVICE MANAGER, so far there aren't any exclaimation mark there..

i can play mp3 songs using my windows 98( I am using dual boot)... what could be the cause.. ?

Anyway, I would update with SP2 and update all of u ..

Cheers,
libroos7 : )

Yes, i would say that the fact you can play in Win98, and not Win2K is a 99% sure sign of a bad or old driver. I would go to the manufacturer's website, and look for a Windows 2000 specific driver. It is possible that you have a Windows 98 driver which usually doesn't work properly.

Regards,
Segfault7375

*grins..*
I would go and update my audio drivers also.. : )

Cheers,
libroos

I've updated my yamaha audio drivers also ..
but still did not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back