Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wmv Files on Web Page in Firefox - Refresh Page? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have two .wmv files embedded in a web page (I use Firefox) using this simple code:

<object data="images/howl2.wmv"
type="audio/x-ms-wmv" height="240" width="320"><param
name="FileName" value="images/howl2.wmv"><param
name="AutoStart" value="0"><object
data="images/howl2.wmv" type="audio/x-mpeg" height="240"
width="320"><param name="AutoStart" value="0"></object></object></p>

The code works fine except that when the page loads, the files appear as blank white squares. If I have a couple page tabs open, if I click on another page and then back to the page with the .wmv files, they come in fine.

It is like I need to tell the page to refresh or requery itself.

I would also like the ability to enlarge the video, like the option one sees in U-Tube and I don't know how to do that.

Any opinions as to how I can accomplish this?

The page in question is
Thanks,

Dan

WMV is not a common video format. Only Windows users will be able to see this. Mac and Linux and mobile web surfers will not likely see the video.

Why don't you post your videos on YouTube and then embed the YouTube player back on your web page?

Well, because I don't want to do that. I am not out for the $$ or notoriety or anything and that is what works for me. This is more of a family thing. I don't do FB either. Not my style.

I think I need to do some sort of me.refresh or me.requery after or while the page is loading to have the videos show and don't properly know how to ask the question.

I appreciate the response though.

Thanks,

Dam

what spamjim is trying to say is that your method is inneffecient and not exactly that much easier than using youtube or vimeo etc.

using youtube is simpler and the code is much nicer. the only step you are adding is uploading the video. It will still play in your browser using the youtube player.

Plus LOADING many instances of Windows Medial Player will CRASH many a browsers. You might well get left of the Christmas card list with that.

Darryn Cooke
| Marketing and Creative Services

Yes, you two are right. I'll stop being stubborn and go the U-Tube route.
After all, I do like those X-mas Cards.

Thanks,

Dan

I'm confused. How is "$$ or notoriety or anything" related to YouTube?

If you are opposed to the ease of YouTube, use these free tools to embed video onto your page:

or Convert video to H.264 for playability almost everywhere.

Add a web page video player to play the H.264/MP4/M4V file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back