Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WMF.f32

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnHoward

Technical User
Jan 15, 2001
GB
Does anyone know how to fix a problem with older version of Claris Works asking for a wmf.f32 file on startup

It occurs when the software is opened by a user other than the one that installed it.

The OS is Windows 2000 so its probably profile related but I am not sure how to fix it?

Anyone help

Cheers

John

Dear John Howard - as this problem is in a windows environmen I may be able to help but need more detail. Contact me: Kevin at pooh.junction@optusnet.com.au
There are 26 files kept in a folder in the Claris Works Office folder inside the folder Claris Corp. A DLL file called CLSPELL.DLL needs to be in the windows system folder in order for the spellchecker to work. A folder called Claris is place in the windows folder containing 72 objects. (I purchased Claris 4 some years ago and lost the original installation disk. Each time I get a new computer I go through this agony of transferring the files over because I think Claris 4 is an excellent programme. I have just got mine working this afternoon using a machine that was working with it on and by right-clicking on files to work out where they had to be located.)

John

Having the same problem--did you get this resolved and if so, how? Thanks.

-Blair T. Sawler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back