Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WMF Export

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicahDB

Programmer
Jul 15, 2004
US
I have a b/w very simple logo that I'm trying to export to as a wmf file. I know that wmf is not the newest and greatest mf option (emf is) but that is my only option for this project.

Here's the issue. The requirements are that I produce a 330x71 image of the logo and for whatever reason they sent me the requirement that when they look at the properties of the file the dpi says 81dpi.

SO I went about setting up an artboard to 330x71 creating the logo and exporting it. When I export as wmf, there are no export options and it comes out as 1164x235. Which is not even a 330x71 size ratio. So I'm assuming it's ignoring the artboard. So I put an noncolor rectangle around the artboard and now I have a wmf that is exactly the 4xs the pixel size as the artboard.

Any thoughts how I can export to exactly the required size?

Thanks,
Micah

Not sure what you are doing wrong, but I created a simple graphic at 330 x 71 and exported it as a .wmf and when I placed the resulting file back into Illustrator (CS3) it came in at that actual size. However, I noticed the graphic's curves were not longer smooth.

What a strange this is. What I've had to do to get the 330x71 size I want is actually go 1/4 of the size that I want (since it is creating the file 4xs the size).

BUT, I'm seeing the same thing you are. My curved lines are not nice and curved. They're sort of 'forced' curved...kind of bumpy. Might be a product of the 16-bit format vs the more standard 32-bit format being unable to produce the curve.

Thoughts on the curve issue?

Hi MicahDB,

I just tried another method that made the WMF clean when imported into another application...

I started a new illustrator document at 330 x 71 page size. Then created my graphic, then saved the file as a native .ai file. Then just renamed the .ai extension to .wmf. So if you import that wmf into Illustrator or another application, it should be clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back