Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wmf-export pics don't show in other programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

utes

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2003
US
Hello!

I exported *.bmp, *.psd, *.tif ... as *wmf-files, because the target-program accepts only *.wmf
But all I get are all-white-pictures or empty boxes with cross-lines.

Is there something (an option, a checkbox?) I didn't see??

Greetings
Ute

Freehand versions 7 and prior had problems with exporting files that had not been flattened into wmf.
Also are issues whith files that have clipping paths.
Take control of your life, not someone else's

Freehand is a high-end graphics program. It excels at producing EPS files and TIF files, the graphics industry standards. WMF (Windows Meta Files), are about the last choice any graphics professional would ever want to use, and the support for these formats are not very good when converting FH vector art. It sounds harsh, but whatever the program you are trying to import into, you would be advised to look around for something better that supports EPS or TIF files.

Will your software import a PDF file? I've exported "selected objects" from FreeHand and then imported into FrameMaker and it works really well. I haven't tried it in Word though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back