Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wizards not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terkle

Technical User
Jul 22, 2007
My table/query/form Wizards as well as the one on the form design Control Toolbox are not working on my home PC. The table/query/form Wizards haze over when I click on them but nothing else happens. The Control Toolbox wizard doesn't function when I click on it. I use Access daily at work and don't have any problems there. I recently re-installed Access at home as I had to replace the motherboard and have re-installed it again because of the problem with the wizards. I have searched these pages but can't find anything that helps. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
terkle

How are ya Terkle . . .

Hate to say it but it [blue]sounds like your source CD has corruption! . . .[/blue] [sad]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see FAQ219-2884:

I'm using Office Professional Edition 2003

terkle

Thanks for the good news, AceMan. How would I know definitely that the CD is corrupted and it's not something else?

terkle

Terkle said:
[blue] [purple]I recently re-installed Access[/purple] at home as I had to replace the motherboard and [purple]have re-installed it again[/purple] because of the problem with the wizards.[/blue]
The above is what leads me to believe there's a problem with the CD. You've installed twice [purple]resulting in the same wizard problem![/purple]

As for testing the CD, there's software out there to check wether all the data on a CD can be read properly. You'll have to do a search. I currently use [blue]Disk Verifier[/blue] which is a tool in SystemSuite 7 by OnTrack.

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Hey fellas
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll give this a try.

terkle

Terkle . . .

Remou reminded me of something else See my post here:

thread702-1321895

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

I have had a similar problem with Access 2000 wizards not working and macros not running.
After trawling through pages and pages of info and instructions, I found some information relating to Access 2003. Here it advised updating the Jet 4.0 database engin to the latest service pack (By this time I was willing to try anything. Lo and behold it worked, wizards and macros working fine.
I hope this is helpful.
Cut and past this URL for the latest Jet 4.0 service pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back