Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wizard rules on exchange 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcimiky

MIS
Nov 5, 2001
US
I would like to know where the users wizard rule for Outlook 2000 are stored on the Exchange Server 5.5. I can find them in the users profile (.rwz),but I need to view them on the exchange because some of the rules are not correct. If not, can I just remove the rules,apply manually(to delete them off the server), choose client and delete the .RWZ file. That way I have a clean rules wizard on both workstation and the server. My workstations are 2000 Pro and my server is NT with Exchange 5.5 on it. Thanks for any advice.

They're stored in a hidden folder in the mailbox, they are associate messages.

zbnet
I've made all the file viewable and I still can't find the rules. I've even made changes to my rules, did a look up to see the files that have change in the last day, and still no luck. Any more tips? Thanks!!

Mike

They're not viewable using normal mechanisms. The associated messages folder is hidden from all normal mapi clients. You could try opening the mailbox using mdbview, this will enable you to access the associated messages folder, but beware that you can screw the mailbox up bigtime using this incorrectly. gives details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back