Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

With Thumbnails selected in View, thumbnails aren't shown in directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppearce

Technical User
Dec 31, 2002
US
Well, the Subject just about says it all. This used to work fine, but for the last 3 weeks it does not. I have chosen Irfanview as my default viewer (did this over 2 years ago) but the only files that are thumbnailed are .GIF and .BMP files. That's strange, come to think of it. In other words, none of my JPEGs will show as thumbnails, all I get is the Irfanview logo, but GIF and BMP files show up ok. The first Windows genius that can solve this problem will get 2, not 1, Attaboys.
Thanks.
Phil

Don't think that will solve this particular problem, will it? My problem is that JPEG files are not shown as thumbnails.
But thanks anyway.
Phil

Thanks so much, that too won't work. I'm not about to mess with the Registry. Can't figure out why this all of a sudden started happening, maybe Photoshop installation did it. I tried associating files with PS but that didn't help either. I think this is unsolvable.
Thanks again, you still get an attaboy and an E for Effort.
Phil

You have System Restore, it's not that big a risk if you follow the 2 minute instructions from Microsoft... but, whatever you're comfortable with. Good luck!

Hi - this happened to me and tried everything. Then remembered about system restore. I carried this out and no problem now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back