Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

With 2 recordset a faster no match report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdougl1

Programmer
Dec 6, 2000
US
What would be a faster in locating missing records between two record sets generated from two different servers. One of the servers has a proprietary interface so no joins across databases. Currently I'm looping 1 at a time from the first record set through each record of the second record set to find the missing records and dumping it into a third no match record set. The first record set can have upwards of 100,000 records so as you could imagine this process is slooooow to produce the final data set. Thanks in advance

Transfer the proprietary recordset from that server to a work table on the other. Then use SQL to determine the matched/unmatched records and produce the final data set.

Mark

Sorry I should have mentioned that I only have read access on the other database, so I can not create any temporary tables. All the processing must be done on the program side. Thanks for the suggestion thou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back