Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wise installer wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobGrant

Technical User
Jul 3, 2005
US
I have found two wise installers that will not start on my machine. I own a dell 8300 series and both TaxCut 2004 and ThumbsPlus 7.0 when double clicked start the installer and then it immediately disappears without installing. I can hold down Enter and after about 100 times it will install the software... Any ideas why I am having this problem? I disabled HyperThreading because I thought that may be causing it, but it still does not work.

It wouldn't hurt to check your machine out for malware too.

Removing adware & spyware
faq608-4650

Microsoft (GIANT Antispyware) Beta available
Thread779-979113

I have SpySweeper running, Norton Antivirus, Norton Firewall and keep all updated. I have all set to run each day and nothing is ever found. Some condition is not agreeable with the installer. I think if the application was writtin in Visual Basic it may have a problem with it, not sure, but TaxCut was compiled from Visual Basic I know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back