Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wise for windows installer 4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

balajee

Programmer
Jun 29, 2000
NZ
Hi

I just installed an application made using WFWI. However when the user starts to use this application the following message comes up:
The feaure you are trying to use is on a cd rom or other removable disk which is not available......

There is no option to install this application as "Run from CDROM" in the installer.

Why this is happening?

|Thanks

balajee,

Look in the Media section of the Installation Expert. You have probably compiled it as external uncompressed files or external cabs. If the cab/files aren't available in the same location that the MSI is executed from then you will receive this message.

HtH,

Rob
robschultz@yahoo.com
-Focus on the solution to the problem, not the obstacles in the way.-

I have not gone to Media section. But in the media section the media name is "Basic", compression type is "Cabs inside" and Cab option is "Quick"

I would also check the components table in the tables tab of setup editor. See if any of your component's attributes are set to 1, and if so, try changing them to 0 or 2, or 4 for HKCU entries. 1 tells it to install the component from the source while 0 specifically installs local, while 2 checks for either. Cheers and good luck!

===>
kip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back