Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wiring diagram for WS6 com port adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jherrick

Programmer
Jan 23, 2012
US
After making a couple of these adapters using oracles pinout provided in their documentation, I couldnt get them to work. So I tracked down a factory one to get the actual pinout. So here is the one I got to work.

WS6 rj-45 to db25 serial

1 3 5 7

2 4 6 8

1 - Blue
2 - Orange
3 - Black
4 - Red
5 - Green
6 - Yellow
7 - Brown (Unused)
8 - White

------

Blue - Pin 5
Orange - Pin 6
Black - Pin 2
Red - Pin 7
Green - Pin 3
Yellow - Pin 20
Brown - Unused (clip the wire)
White - Pin 4

thank you for posting this. I could not understand why my current cords from my workstation 4's would not work with the workstation 610. I eventually ordered from micros but am still waiting for them to arrive.

I have a question about the rj45 cord, you mention colours like black and red, the cat5/6 cable in use with my workstations do not have these colours. The db25 adapter has them but not the rj45 cable attached to the adapter.

Correct the db-25 is the one that I color coded... the patch cable should just be wired the standard T568A/B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back