Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless solution for 3300

Status
Not open for further replies.

picke

MIS
Jun 4, 2008
GB
Hello All,

Could somebody recommend a wireless solution (i.e. phone set, stations) to use with 3300 ICP please?

At the moment we are on DECT extensions to analogue ports, with very little functionality, as you can imagine. Can't even forward a call from the wireless phone-set.

Thanks,
Picke

Mitel offer several IP-Dect/Wireless solutions
Ascom IP-Dect (SIP)
Spectralink Wifi (SIP)
Detewe IP-Dect (Mitel emulation)
are supported by mitel
other systems have also been through interop compatability testing
Philips/NEC
Kirk

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

Supernova is right, there are several Wireless solutions.
I recently installed the Ascom IP-Dect solution for a site, and it is fairly straight forward.

What functionality are you looking for?

Not forgetting the new Mitel 5610 wireless solution.

There is no 'I' in 'Team'

Thanks guys for your replies!

In case of wireless SIP, do we need to buy a SIP license?

Functionality wise, we would like to have a caller name shown on a screen, ability to forward, hold, all this usual stuff.

Regards,
Picke

Yes SIP licences are required for SIP wireless as are user/device for Detewe IP Dect

All the above is possible, as for calling name display on the SIP devices this is acheived through the handset like a mobile phone, however, there is now some new features which support calling name and number on the Ascom Dect with Rel 4.1
The Detewe IP Dect supports calling name & number as it emulates a 5020 IP phone

Thanks again, just to clarify - will I need a SIP licence in any case of using DECT-IP solution?

Are there any native Minet wireless "extenders"?

Cheers,
Picke

HI Picke

SIP-Dect requires a SIP licence per device

IP-Dect (Detewe) requires a user/device licence per device
as this uses Minet

Yes the 5610 is Minet and provides a Wireless base station phone stand which can handle up to 8 handsets unfortunately this solution does not extend base station to base station just local only which is fine if you are in an open office within the radius of the base station.

The IP-Dect & SIP-Dect offer a network of base stations around the office/building that seamlessly handover from one to the other depending on which base sation has the strongest signal so if the location survey has been completed will enable wireless users to move around any part of the office/building without interuption

Supernova, you are the man! Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Picke

Depends on your software level. Release MCD 4.1 only has SIP trunk licenses. SIP device licenses have been folded into User licenses. Therefore on release 4.1 if you have free licenses you can program SIP phones.

There may be no i in team but there are three f's in fudge off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back