Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless Router For Guest With Custom Start Page..

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcnetgeek

IS-IT--Management
Sep 15, 2004
US
Hello,

I would like some recommendations for a router which can do the following ..

- Requires a key, username and password or some sort of authentication before use.

- Can take users take over their browsers on launch to present them with links to network resources available to them such as printers, shares, ftp, etc.

I know there are solutions such as ZoneCD and Chilli .. But I'm just wanting these 2 features from the device.. Nothing more.

Any advice?

Thanks..

---
Lenny

Get in where you fit in and squeeze in where you need to fit in..

Hi Lenny,

I would recommend DD-WRT as a great option. It is a 3rd party firmware update which works on a number of devices from Buffalo, Linksys and even the cheap and cheerful FON router.

JR

Jeremy Rollinson
Wireless LAN Source Ltd.

Yes .. I know about the DD-WRT OS .. It can do what I'm asking?

- Requires a key, username and password or some sort of authentication before use.

- Can take users take over their browsers on launch to present them with links to network resources available to them such as printers, shares, ftp, etc.

Thanks..

---
Lenny

Get in where you fit in and squeeze in where you need to fit in..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back