Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericwi

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2002
SG
Hi all,

I have two subnet( namely , 192.168.1.x and 10.10.10.x ) and each subnet has a wireless AP. Is it possible to link these two AP together ( wirelessly )so when the wireless user can use the resources , like printer , from another subnet? What devices support these configuation?

Thanks

Same subnet.
Same SSID
Same WEP key.
Different channels.

Thanks but I need two different subnets as required :(

Cisco has proxy IP. It is SUPPOSED to do this, but I have never seen it implemented.

What kind of APs do you have?

Ben

its hard to say if you're using AP that does not provide WDS (Wireless Distribution System) and it does not matter which IP setting AP have, it usually use MAC address of each other and seeing two wireless router should be possible but i never tried myself you much route the PACKET from one to each other and there must be IP routing table configuration for that in your device.

Seyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back