Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless Microsoft mouse and XP Pro conflicts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScoTTeL

Programmer
Apr 29, 2002
US
I am runing XP Pro on my celeron 2Ghz machine. I installed a Microsoft wireless mouse and the intelipoint software that came with it. It worked the first time, but after powering off does not work. device manager sees it and says all okay. Pointer is present, but will not move. I tried all of the buttons to change channels and reconnect, no luck. Deleted the driver and reboot, now working. Until next power off. This time deleting driver did not work. Taking batteries out of mouse, rebooting and pressing the connect buttons on mouse and receiver worked. Until next power down.

What in the heck is going on here? I tried a different brand and same problem. Any ideas? My wife is getting really annoyed at me! She thinks it is my fault!

There are a few things you can try:

1. Get into the BIOS and disable USB Legacy support and make sure plug and play OS is set to Yes.

2. Make sure that you have the latest drivers for your motherboard

3. Make sure you have service pack 1 installed

4. Finally, try deleteing the USB Root hub out of the device manager. After you delete, reboot...XP will find them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back