Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless Keyboard Yes or No

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoLdFiNgeR

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2002
US
Just wanted to get some generall thought or experiences here:

I was looking into a wiereless keyboard specificall this one
Most of the time i would be using the computer that this keyboard goes on to play games, and i would keep my logitech i feel optical mouse (usb) instead of using the cordless one.

My question is this, has anybody used a wireless keyboard for gaming, or heard anything, it is slow or unresponsive, and how does it compare to a usb or ps2 connection,

as always any input is greatly appreciated,

thanks
will

I am using the Logitech Cordless Freedom Optical kb / mouse combo to write this. The combo works well for the office. Games? Hmm, maybe a bit slow - bit biggest concern is (now very) occassional dropping of link - if you're playing a game, boom - yer dead.

Less drop outs now that I understand that receiver placement is critical - it can get interference from other electronics. I made similar comments on my Epinions review of the unit.

So, for games? Maybe not. But like my bottom line says... Your mileage may vary...

thats what i figured , just wanted a 2nd opinion,

gratis dinosnake

I have the same keyboard and i havent had a problem with it but i hate having to change the batteries in my mouse it tends to run threw them at least once a month.

I played PC games with a Logitech cordless radio keyboard. I have not experienced any problems with any of the games that I play. If there is any slow-down it is not really that noticable and as for connection drops I have not experienced any.

ok cool, im going to do a little more research on it firs though

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back