Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wireless ip phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxguy651

Technical User
Apr 15, 2009
US
Currently we have a user at a remote office on a 5610SW IP phone, with a lifter and a wireless headset.

This user (the CEO) wants to be able to dial numbers while walking around. Currently he has to walk back to his desk to dial another number.

Does anyone know what equipment i should look for?

Or am i going to have to get a wirless IP phone?

Thanks

Analog out from the IPO not sure about IP endpoint, call TS they are very helpful and easy to deal with. I am using these in a couple of places, you can also use this for paging remote sites. Preety easy to set up to.
Mike.

So would you install the gateway at the endpoint/remote site?

Just bear in mind that this isn't a supported solution (I know I bang on about supported solutions) but AFAIK Avaya don't support any H323 terminal adapters.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Nine times out of ten the best way is the "unsupported way" :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

>Nine times out of ten the best way is the "unsupported way"

That's a bit high, but there are times when using unsupported options is required to push the envelope. However, it is important to tell people when you are using "blue sky thinking"

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

It is a bit high, that was to emphasise a point, hell it took nearly three years to support vista :)

whats vista?

"There's a dog in the New Zealand section

It comes between XP and 7 :)

lol. i wonder when we can expect windows 7 support.

"There's a dog in the New Zealand section

I hope it will be quick
I configured an ip500 once with windows 7 and after two days of programming the config was corrupt :)
Rebuild it within 8 minutes but that is a different story :)

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Indeed
The guy who i was helping out with his first install was flabbergasted :)

The trick was exporting everything, default it, rebuild the system settings and lines and then import the rest :)
A reboot and it was done

After two days you know all settings

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

That's a nice looking piece of kit but I imagine "voip" means it integrates with Skype rather than acting as a H323 enpoint itself, unless you have used one of course :)

Have any of you R5 trial guys played around with wireless SIP handsets yet?

I am using an Avaya 3631 Comcode 700427917 which is really a Samsung SMT-W5110. This is a WIFI IP Phone. This phone is setup to use our 802.11g wireless network without the need of an AVPP to make phone calls. I use the same phone when I go home. My home router is setup with a VPN to our office so I can use the WIFI phone on my home network to answer my bridged call appearance from my desk phone or make calls from my desk extension.

So you can make calls from this Phone like it is your desk phone?

I am interested in this.

retired25, thanks for the response. So did you need the IP Endpoint license for that handset?

Yes. does it need a the ip endpoint license?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back