Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wireless headset on 81C system

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecomwoman

IS-IT--Management
Nov 22, 2006
US
Hello
I am running into a little problem..We have just recently moved to a new location..One of our problems is I have a wireless headset hooked up to a 2616 set. The headset worked fine until we moved, now you can hear the caller, but they can not hear you.
I have changed the entire headset..I have changed the phone..and I am at a loss. wondering if anyone has any ideas
Thank You
Debbie

I am assumming the handset works ok?

Is the handset inline with the headset or do you have to disconnect the one to use the other?

Have you replaced the curly cord between the headset base and phone?

Yes the handset worked fine..the handset and headset are together...and yes I replaced the phone...I am wondering if it could be some weird with the electrical..so tomorrow I am going to leave the phone hooked up with a long line cord and move the base and headset out of the office and see if it works that way..I am running out of ideas

Thanks

Telecomwoman, is the wireless headset a bluetooth device, if so would there be any new bluetooth devices added in the area?

If the headset is a Plantronics one would there be any switches on the side that might have got knocked during the move?

Gareth.

GKThompson, it is a plantronics and I have checked all the switches to make sure it was not on mute or anyhitng.

jt4899, The headset has a adaptor, so does not need a battery

Thanks
Debbie

I recently had a user with the same issue. He was pretty rough with it and after some questioning it turns out it had taken one too many falls. Can't explain if a connection came loose from the mic, but there was also alot of static involved as well as the voice getting cut out. Normal wear and tear was the attributing factor and it was just replaced.

if it is the plantronics they have a mute switch on the top of them in conjunction with the volume adjustment. just depress it a second time to turn transmit back on.

Klowndog - I replaced the headset with a new one

TAnslem - I checked the mute switch also

Still trying to figure this out

It's nothing silly like CLS HFA is it
Cheers!!

You know at one point if you are using the Plantronics that I think you are, I had issues with the black line cord from the base to the handset jack. It some kind of filter on it that came with a small sheet of literature on it about why they (plantronics) added it. When I took that out and used a regular line cord it came right back. Maybe give that a try?

Klowndog...it was my last option and the cord worked...
The strange thing is I replaced the entire headset including the cord. Oh well, we might not know why it works now, but it does
Appreciate the help
Debbie :>)

After I had seen the same issue with about 3 headsets, I started to tell the group admins not to use that supplied line cord and that i would give them a bunch.

It was unexplainable. They would work for a while then the cord would just go "bad".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back