Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wireless headset for supervisor to walk around

Status
Not open for further replies.

karinkelly

Technical User
Jun 20, 2002
US
I would like to find out if there is such a wireless headset that has "Observe Agent" and "Call Agent" keys that can work wirelessly for the supervisor to walk the floor and "observe" agents and "call" agents randomly using control keys on a portable wireless headset unit. We have a Nortel CS1000 PBX with 3905 phones.

if you have a IP enabled meridian you could use a soft client on a pda?

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Haven't used one, but I remember being handed product literature on the nortel "companion", and Aastra CM-16 phones:

Which has a headset jack. I think that a wireless phone (digital or VoIP) might be your only way to get "keys" out to your user on the floor with your setup, as the headset/handset jack on all of the phones I have seen only carry audio.

Cheers!
John

I've done this with the aastra and it works. its the only one I've found that works corectly, but the SUP has to carry a list of pos ID's to be able to use the observe feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back