Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless for a small office???

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecomravi

Technical User
Nov 18, 2004
US
where can i get some information on wireless card instilation procedures? since IP400 it has a DHCP server built in to it can i use it as a wireless access point or a router??

Yes you can but you need a Avaya PCMCI-Card in the small-office and a licence for it.

Greets Peter

Thank you Big70 i do have the card and the licence but i could not find any instructions on this topic.

SSID
The Service Set Identifier (SSID) tab.

Network Name: Default = IP Office Wireless.Net
A unique name used to identify and distinguish the Avaya IP Office - Small Office Edition wireless LAN from other wireless LANs.

Wireless Mac Address:
Displays a list of the MAC addresses of the devices currently connected to the wireless LAN.

Frequency/Channel: Default = 6
The 802.11b wireless frequency band is sub-divided into a number of channels. In locations where there are multiple wireless LANs or multiple access points to the same wireless LAN, each access point should use a separate channel. Devices connecting to a wireless LAN will automatically connect to the channel providing the strongest signal.

The number of channels available is country specific. In the US channels 1 to 11 are available. In most of Europe, channels 1 to 13 are available. In Japan only channel 14 is available.

The channel frequencies overlap. For instance, channel 2 shares part of the same frequency band as channels 1 and 3. In areas with mulitple access points, use widely spaced channels, for example 1, 6 and 11, on the different access point.

Accept Any: Default = Off
If on, allows any wireless device to connect to the wireless LAN without having to have a matching wireless network name (SSID) set. When off, only devices configured with a matching wireless network name can connect to the wireless LAN.

(or what do you want to know)

Greets Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back