Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless Cisco VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitey2k3

Programmer
Jul 23, 2003
US
I had a wireless linksys router set up with one computer hardwired and one laptop with a wireless pci card. When I directly connected the laptop to the DSL modem, I had no problem when connecting to a VPN while using Cisco VPN client. I connected like normal and then was able to access features such as e-mail through microsoft exchange network. However, when connected wirelessly, I had a problem. The Cisco VPN seemed to connect normally and was connected to the server, but the e-mail and other VPN features were not accessible, claiming that the remote server was not available. PLEASE HELP ME!!! I have tried many things like port forwarding and DMZ hosting but nothing seems to work on this laptop running windows 98 2nd ed. At this point I just want to find all the possible solutions from "use a hardwired router" to "Get D-link wireless" I just want to know what all my possibilities are.

Thanks,

Whitey

I too have problems when using my cisco vpn client over wirelss. If I run a cat 5 cable directly to my Netgear router no problems...I control servers over my entire WAN at work from the comfort of my home. But if I stick the wireless card in the laptop and disconnect the cat5, no go. It won't even pop up the login window. I am able to ping the ip of the concentrator, but it just won't make the link with the software client.

My buddy has a linksys router and experieces the same thing. :(

You were born an original. Don't die a copy!

Anyone know the answer to this problem? I'm having it too. Works fine over Cat5 but not over wifi.

See if my answer in the Linksys Forum on this topic addresses your problem: thread916-629841

I disabled the tunneling option in the cisco vpn software
and things started working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back