Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless Cards & ExpressCards

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgilbert

MIS
Sep 16, 2005
US
Hello everyone

My stepfather recently purchased a wireless card from cingular wireless. It is a standard Sierra Wireless PC Card. I started to install it on his laptop and realized that he does not have a PC Card slot, but instead has an ExpressCard slot.

Does anyone know of any expressCard wireless cards out (not WiFi). Cingular, Verizon or otherwise.

Thanks

Joe

The best ones I've used and experienced are the ones from Sprint and Verizon (they are actually the same). Keep in mind, these "air cards" are only as good as the network they're being used on (which is why these two are the best). The actual makers of the cards is Novatel. They are then branded by Sprint and Verizon.

CISSP,ISC2 Affiliate & Instructor, MCT, MCSE2K/2K3, MCSA, CEH, Security+, Network+, CTT+, A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back