Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless Calendar: HandHeld sends but doesn't Receive

Status
Not open for further replies.

5ascent0

IS-IT--Management
Sep 22, 2003
US
Just set up BES on a standalone machine in an Exchange 2000 Domain. I downloaded, installed, and registered the cdo.dll file on the BES server. When I add an appointment in my Handheld it shows up on my desktop within seconds. However, if I add an appointment at my desktop the handheld never shows the update although the BES server stats show that something has been sent.

Why would the handheld not show the updates in my calendar when initiated from the desktop?

Did you select Blackberry Wireless Sync as the conduit for calendar in the PIM config section of the desktop manager? That's the first and only reason I know.

Try turning off the handheld in question and turning it back on.

Also, allow for a slight delay before some of the calendar events get processed.

I had one case where over 2400 events had to be processed first, and then whatever additions/changes I had made to test the device were done afterwards.

Took close to 2 hours, but once the process completed the wireless calendar syncing worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back