Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless Avaya 3626 Problem !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOD

Technical User
May 27, 2001
FR
I try to connect with a Wireless Phone our Network. But i get every time the Message no Net Access

I change the Parameters vom Static Ip to Dhcp and back ,, I see on the Dhcp Server that the Phone get one IP . After this the Phone make checking Code and then “No net access”

If i change the License Mgmt Code from 007 to 009 i get “Bad Code Type”

In the Documentation i read that the phone ask me for Tftp Server ,but i don´t find any Parameter for this. No i think i have the wrong Software on my Phones.

Does any knows about this problem

regards Andre

I had to setup mine as static. None of them will dhcp, despite running dchp on our network. Make sure you have your wep key setup correctly if you are using wep. I had to assign a static ESSID as well, for some reason it will not learn it from our cisco ap's. You should have a spot to configure the tftp in the static ip screens. You'll have to download the new software from spectralink and place it in the default directory in the tftp server. You can download a free tftp server from Avaya if you need to in the firmware download site for the ip phones. Hope this helps.

First : Thanks for the Answer
If i go in the Menu : I.P. Addresses -> 0 for edit the Static IP , then come Phone IP then Default Gateway and subnet Mask that was all , next step come Phone IP again ,, no tftp

If I remember right, you have to change the code type to 9 before the tftp server field shows up. Then, after you set it and update the firmware it will give the call server and avvp server fields, as well as an extension and password.

That was the best Tip , thanks very much now is running

best regards Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back