Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wireless Antenna’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comec

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2002
GB
Hi all,

I have a question. I want to use the New USR WAP’s to like 2 of my buildings together. They are about 500m apart. I already have an 11mb link in place now using Cisco, but I need more bandwidth. The New USR WAP can give me 54 and even 100mb some how, but they do not come with external Antennas, which I need. So, where can I get external antennas from or van I use other manufactures one’s link 3Com etc.

If any one can help or even give me a better solution I would appreciate it .

Man Thanks

JP

assuming the USR WAPs have removable antennas with connectors, find a dish with the same connector.

iI fact, you can use the same antennas that work now if you get a cable with the right connectors at each end. both 802.1b and 802.1g use the same frequency

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

802.11b is based around 2.4Ghz
802.11g is based around 5Ghz.

Cisco uses a RP-TNC connector (Reverse-Polarity Threaded Naval Connector.)
You will need to check documentation on the new kit to see if compatible.

The Cisco antenna / dish are different part numbers depending on whether they are 11b or 11g.

Are you sure the new kit is a bridge and not just an access point?
Do they have connectors for an external antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back