Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wireframe blend

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksplat

Programmer
Jun 19, 2001
US
hi, i had this great idea of blending this object from its wireframe to its full color picture. only problem is i'm not quite sure how to go about it. just by my own thinking of the problem, i have come up with puting the 2 pics in 2 dif layers (obviously), then applying some sort of gradient to the 2 layers to make them fade out...maybe erasing part of each picture...i dunno...please give me some tips or point me to somewhere i can figure out how to do this...thanks

I think you've got the right idea there: put the wireframe in one layer and the rendered full colour version in the other, apply a layer mask to the top layer and then use the mask channel in the Channels palette to mask out parts of the colour layer using gradient fills or greyscale renderings of your object. The best thing is, as long as you play around with the layer mask channel, you're not erasing any part of the image so you can experiment to your heart's content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back