Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wiping a database

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclynch

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2011
US
We just converted our company to Cisco and I need to remove all users from all of the old Mitel systems. I have no problem with controllers I have my hands on as I pulled the hard drives and formatted them, but I have 3300's in other countries and was wondering if there was a way to wipe the drives remotely. I hate the idea of having to go into each one and deleting users one by one.

If you have a blank database from another controller, you can remotely restore the backup and reboot the system.

DBMS FLAG OFF
run this in the maintenance commands to blank the DB.
IP Address should still remain.

For your purposes, turning the DBMS flag off and rebooting the system should be sufficient to wipe the DB

I don't believe this would wipe the voicemail partition however (potentially a much more important factor)

There is a way to format the hard drive but that would require physical access to the Maintenance port via serial cable (no, telnet to port 2002 will not do)

You might be able to use the SWI tool to perform a full install without restoring the DB afterwards if you can't manage the Maint port method.

If SWI and Maint port options are not avail, I would use a FTP client like filezilla to delete all of the messages off of the /vmail partition and then use the DBMS flag off.

Pulling the hard drive would be best IMO

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

DBMS flag off will wipe the sx2000 dgital DB not IP. Reload the controller with SW is the only true way to clean.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the tips. I ended up just manually deleting what little voice mail boxes that were configured on the embedded and turned the DBMS flag off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back