Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wipeout/text masking won't transfer correctly in pdf format 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3crue

Technical User
Jun 10, 2005
US
I've been looking for help on an issue I'm having with my "wipout" and "text mask" commands. I have text in paper space that I need to wipeout the model space linework behind it.
In AutoCAD 2005 it previews just fine, and will plot just fine, but when I convert the same dwg to a pdf, the pdf shows my wipeout boxes, and shades them as well!? Does anyone know a fix for this or a work-around?

I would be most appreciative!

The problem is under the properties of the pdf in AutoCAD. I am not exactly sure of the tab but you need to change the default setting from vector to raster. This has resolved this very issue for me on several occasions.

thanks!

I looked, but couldn't find a tab to change?
in the plot properties, there is an option to change the
raster settings, but that didn't help any?

Are you referring to another area of autocad?

This is new to me - never had this problem with wipeouts before, but now I can't seem to make it go away?

thanks again for your help, it is appreciated!

Hmm thats odd? The area I had you change for the plot dilaog box in the properties of the PDF writer was correct. If you changed it from vector to raster and you are still having issues then it is something very simple

Here are a couple of things you can try.
-Is the frame for the wipeout on or off?
-Try placing the wipeout on a non plot layer
-Have you played with the display order at all?

Not that it should matter but what version of AutoCAD and Abode writer are you using?

I've tried each thing you've suggested, but nothing seems to work? (both before and after talking to you)

I have autocad 2005, and adobe 9.0 i think it is?
i also had good luck in the past with using a free pdf writer
that is also now giving me the same fits!

i did have success with converting them into dwf's through autocad, but that doesn't seem to help me understand this issue?

it never gave me problems in the past, but now it seems to be a persistant thing?

My apologies that my suggestions haven't proved sucessful for you. These have worked for me. The only thng I noted that was different between both our experiences, is that I have never used the free pdf writer. It has always been Adobe. I will try and see if there are any other possible resolutions to your issue on any other forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back