Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

winzip not attaching correct No. files through fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkieboy

Programmer
Apr 30, 2002
GB
Hi

I have a program that zaps and appends 4 tables once that has been done the program does the following code

Code:
!wzzip myzipfile table1.*
&& .dbf + .cdx
Code:
!wzzip myzipfile table2.*
&& .dbf + .cdx

Code:
!wzzip myzipfile1 table3.*
&& .dbf + .cdx
Code:
!wzzip myzipfile1 table4.*
&& .dbf + .cdx
Code:
!wzzip myzipfile1 database.*
&& .dbc + .dct + .dcx

so i am adding 4 files to each zip file + one zip file gets an extra 3 files for the database. The problem i am having is that the zip file does not always attach the correct amount of files(sometimes it does), and the problem is not always consistant by this I mean it is not always the same file that is not attached.

I am guessing that one of statements is still busy when it tries to execute the next line of code. If so could someone please explain to me how I can get round this.

Your help and advise is appreciated in advance

Many Thanks

Nick

A couple thoughts,

Do you by chance still have one of the tables open?
Can you use multiple file names on the command line?
Maybe put a small delay between them.
Maybe consider another zip application.
Dave S.

Winzip can attach multiple files on the same line...

!wzzip myzipfile1 table*.* database.*

You may also want to get on winzip's site and download the free command line add-on. then you can do everything you want in one command, such as

"C:\Program Files\Winzip\Wzzip.exe" -arP D:\BACKUPS\VFP6CODE.zip C:\VFP\*.PRG C:\VFP\*.DBF

-Ron

oops... my bad...

i guess you already have the command line version.
sorry... it's Friday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back