Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WinXP BSoD when online via dial-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

StelardActek

Programmer
Apr 22, 2002
MX
Hi,

Recently, due to hard drive failure and subsequent replacement of said part, I had to reinstall Windows XP Pro. However, somewhere along the line, I seem to have picked up some problem with my Netcomm internal 56K modem.
When I go online, I invaribly get a blue screen error stating the helpful message 'DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'. This may not happen for a while at first, but on rebooting and reconnecting it seems to happen more and more frequently.
Since it only happens when I'm online, I figure it's probably a problem with my modem or drivers, or the internet components of Windows XP Pro.
Also, when I tried downloading critical updates from Windows Update, the computer refused to start at all, giving my the IRQL blue screen error on boot up.
Anyone had this problem?

-- Stelard Actek

Why don't you try loading XP's Generic Modem Driver in place of Netcomm's to see if the error goes away. If not check out these links.

(Copy and Paste all of link)

If you do a Google search on your error I'm sure you'll have plenty of reading material.

Well, unfortunatly the links you mentioned don't apply to me. I don't have AtGuard or a RAID system. However, I have an older external modem I am going to try next chance I get to go online from home, plus some newer drivers for my internal modem. I'll post again if that doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back