Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WinXP & Win95 printer sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

charel

Technical User
Sep 11, 2001
AU
i'm trying to share a HP 895c printer running on a WinXP PC - i am able to print locally to the printer, but when trying to print using sharing from other XP boxes nothing comes out, and when i try to install the drivers for Win95 in the additional drivers they won't install, thus people using older Win95 machines are unable to print to it.
Have downloaded the drivers from HP website, but maybe there are different drivers for installing and the additional drivers for XP support??
Any suggestions?

Your first problem is 95 vs XP. They don't like each other much, and don't play together nice...

The printer is connected to the XP system? Will it work the other way around (connect the printer to the 95 system and see if the xp system can use it)

This may not help if you want the xp and the printer for yourself. It maybe time to upgrade the other systems.

My network has 3 on XP, 2 on 98se and 1 on ME. All the printers are connected to the 98se systems and everyone can use them. I haven't tried it the other way because I was told it wouldn't work. Maybe I'll give it a try and see what happens... but I don't have 95 anywhere.

Its been 7 years man! time to upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back