Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

winword.exe error and it close the application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris5066

Programmer
Feb 23, 2004
SG
I have this word document that opens without any problem and can be viewed and closed without any problem. But the moment I try to save it, it will generate this error 'winword.exe has generrated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the application.'

After this I am able to open and save other word documents, but its just this one and it behaves the same on different machines and with any user in the network. I am working on a local copy of the document.

This document is based on a custom template and this template has its first two pages in the portrait layout and all the other pages in the landscape layout.

Documents created using this template work fine just that sometimes it gets into this situation, and I also have problem converting this document into a tiff image the convertor fails to convert.

We are using win 2000 sp3 with office 2000. Any help will be appreciated.

Chris

Chris

Sawedoff,

Thanks a lot for the response, but I don't have a problem recovering the content of the document. I want to be able to solve this problem because it is happening quite frequently now. When this template is used suddenly they are not able to save the document after amending the document.

Cheers

Chris

Chris

try, opening word by running to wordword.exe /s
then try opening and saving the document. If this works, then try deleting the normal.dot file or which ever template file you're using and see if that sorts it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back