Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

winSPM quick access error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonmancps

Vendor
Jun 1, 2002
US
The first time I logged on to my customers magix sys. an error message: winSPM cannot recognize circuit pack in slot 10 -17.
NOTE: ATL circuit packs can only be used in Merlin Legend systems.
Quick Access will not be available until this is resolved.

This system has 1 expansion cab and nothing in slot 9,10 or 11 and what is a ATL circuit pack.
sys config is: proc,412,412,100R INA,016ETR,016ETR; EXP. cab:016ETR,100R INA, Merlin mess.

Can anybody shed some light on this. help would be appreciated

Sounds like WinSPM encountered an error. From what you describe in your system you do not have any ATL circuit cards (like the old 408 or 008 ATL modules - for BIS-style phones). I would try reconnecting again. Are you sure your version of WinSPM is up-to-date? You may need to download some upgrade patches from the Avaya website. The last bersion is Release 9.0

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Thanks for posting, I've got release 9 and it has been working up to this point (used it yesterday at another site on a magix). Avaya set this system up and has been preforming programing issues up to this point. The site has a lot of "Partner 34D" phones hooked up thru the 016 ETR cards, but I'm not that familiar with as to how the programing is done to accomplish that set up. I was just going to use the "quick access" to find out what exts. are assigned to what groups so I could set up some coverage groups.
Scott Malcolm
CPS
Kansas City

Did you try reconnecting with WinSPM? If you are onsite - try connecting via the admin port? You obviously have nothing in slots 10-17. Maybe, just for kicks - do a board renumber and then try to connect. If for some reason the processor and/or software "thinks" there is something after slot 9 - it will disappear with the board renumber.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Thanks I'll try a board renumber, I've got nothing to lose. I am connected thru the Admin port (I've reconnected 4 different times, same error message each time)and have access to std spm programing, but I'll try that and see what happens.

Scott Malcolm
CPS
Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back