Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WINSPM question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lstorm

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2003
US
Hi, I'm using WINSPM 9.0 and would like to change the number used for paging. According to the dial plan it is using 6 and I would like to change it, however I can't seem to find where to change it in WINSPM.

The Legend/Magix use a trunk port to overhead page. 6 is probably a trunk that has been renumbered to 6. Go under sysrenumber, then trunks and you should be able to renumber it.

If it is the OVERHEAD Page, that would be true (and it usually is) but sometimes the GROUP PAGE ALL gets renumbered.

You have to insure you know what is being accessed by dial code 6, and then make the appropriate changes.

Hmm, I wasn't able to find what you were saying. Basically what I'm trying to do is switch our dial out number for our phone system from a 9 to a 6. When I go through WINSPM to change the ARS dialout number, it won't let me change it to a 6. So I printed out the dial plan, and it says

Line# 8: 6 PAGING

I was thinking there is a place to change that to another number, but I can't seem to find it.

log into your merlin with winspm, go to standard spm. Accept the warning about having to re-read all information. Click on Sys Program--exit ot start--sys renumber--single--lines--enter the old line number (6)--enter--enter what you want to renumber it to( maybe 808, maybe 5 if your dial plan permits you to)--enter. If you press enter and you get a beep and still see line 6 at the top of the window, then your selection to renumber to is conflicting with the existing dial plan. Good luck.

A.J. Wiesner

You'll need to change Trunk 6 to "something else" before you can renumber ARS from 9 to 6. So try, System Renumber, single, Trunk, 6, Enter, 808, Enter.

Renumber the ARS to 6, then renumber 808 to 9.

Thanks but when I go into System Renumber, single, I don't see an option for Trunk.

Ah thanks everyone that did the trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back