Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WinSPM 8.0 & XP Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaVinici

Vendor
Jul 23, 2001
US
Has anybody out there...been able to make this program work
properly.

I have heard issues with the WinSPM 8. I run the version 7 on XP and have no problems. What exactly is it doing?

For one....won't recognise the pw....if it does then locks up the pc...The program acts like it wants to work.
Yet works fine with win 98 se.
You say it works better w/ R7?????

I have never had any issues with the R7 on XP. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software in a new directory? Make sure you have all programs shut down before installing, including any Anti-virus program.

I have noticed on XP Pro, certain programs require that you have administrative rights in order to run the program. Have you tried that?

franke

this is xp home, however I've never been able to make WinSPM
work properly w/ my 1.6 gig Emachine...
I've just removed 8.0 from my PC and will reload 7.0 and see
what happens...what seems to happen is that the commands to
the 56k modem don't do what they are supposed to do.
Go figure.

it could be hardware related. Try the 7 and see what happens. I have had issues with certian modems and programs.

fineally got it to work on XP pro, took about four hours of moving file, had all kind of problems loading it ,dosen't like the config,Msi & Synaptics files as stated in the release notes

I have a conexant modem 56k. I've just found out that certain chip sets in modems will not work with any of the
WinSPM's.
Thanks for all your help

Hi, have loaded Winspm 8 on 2000pro and on XP - have no trouble doing the direct connection at the machine port - however it will not work remotely. I hope someone can help us all with this. I contacted Avaya and was told it works on his so should be no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back