Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WinSPM 5.0 - External Connection - HELP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonedr

Vendor
Jun 6, 2002
US
I have WinSPM 5.0 and have used it successfully connected many times using the direct, internal and manual connection types. I am setting up the external connection for the first time and seem to be missing something.

Trunk 812 is programmed at the client location for remote access. Do I need to program a barrier code in order to dial into the remote access trunk?

My current dial string is set up as: 9 + phone number followed by 5 pauses (1234 - is this default barrier code?) then *10. WinSPM seems like it connects then eventually I get an error telling me to check my TAPI configuration.

I verified my TAPI settings. It is set up exactly like the HELP instructions. It is curious to me that I do not get the TAPI error with all the other connection types. Any suggestions or help would be GREATLY appreciated. THANKS!!

No, 1234 is not the default barrier code.

You need to go to LinesTrunks -> RemoteAccss -> Barrier Code -> Code Info -> Code Length
and set the length of the barrier codes (I believe 7 is the default)

Then go to LinesTrunks -> RemoteAccss -> Barrier Code -> Code Info -> Code Entry
and enter a barrier code that you want to use for remote access. There are 16 "slots" that you can put it into, numbered 1 through 16.

Then go to LinesTrunks -> RemoteAccss -> Barrier Code -> SProg/Maint and tell it which barrier code (1-16) that you want to use for SPM access.

Then your dial string will be something like:

5551212,,,1234567,*10

That is, dial the telephone number, pause long enough for remote access to answer, dial the barrier code, pause a moment, then dial *10 to connect.

Good Luck!

A "by the way"...I need to add a comma between 9 (for outside line) and the phone number to give my system time to grab the outside line. This could also give you headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back