Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WinSock in ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaronsh

Programmer
Oct 6, 2002
IL
Hy,

I'm using WinSock ActiveX in an ASP page (In the client code). I'm trying to get the messages in UDP. Also, the computer get the messages (I checked it using a network monitor software) the winsock doesn't raise the event (Data_Arrival event).
do succeed to send messages from that page to other computers in the network via this winsock.
When I use the same code in VB with this winsock everything is working fine.

Is there any problem in using Winsock in ASP?
Does anyone have an idea?

10X
Yaron

The problem is that if you are loading the activeX component client side than ASP can't touch it. ASP only operates on the server, if you want to load the component client side you will need to use javascript or client side vbscript to manipulate it as well as make sure that your browser is accepting activeX components.

-Tarwn "If you eat a live toad first thing in the morning, nothing worse will happen all day long." - California saying
"To you or the toad" - Niven's restatement of California saying
"-well most of the time anyway..." - programmers caveat to Niven's restatement of California saying
(The Wiz Biz - Ri

Of course I did it in the client side script.
I'm using VBScript.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back