Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Winsock fails at DataArrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimdeb03

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2002
US
I'm attempting to connect a device via TCP to a server PC using Winsock. The device has a built in Ethernet card and is assigned an IP address. The device can recieve messages from the PC.

In the VB6 app, the Sub 'tcpServer_ConnectionRequest' recieves a message from the device, where the line 'tcpServer.Accept requestID' is in the above Sub. Unfortunately, the 'tcpServer_DataArrival' Sub never recieves any data from the device and am at a loss in determining what constitutes a 'DataArrival'.

Currently, I don't know if the problem lies in the data being sent or how the VB app is recieving it. After tcpServer.Accept is 'set' doesn't necessarily mean the Winsock control willingly accepts data and am wondering why.

Thanks,
Jim

I think I may have the same problem. I receive some messages with data and some are empty. I'm using VB6 sp3 on windows 2000.

I need the same information, have you learned anything about this prior to your post?

...Chargrams

I believe Winsock had some problems fixed in SP4 or 5 - try upgrading.

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back