Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wins Servers not replicating??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hande

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2002
GB
I have two Wins servers on a wan. Both are setup as H-nodes in Dhcp and work fine for the ip ranges they are on 192.168.98.* and 192.168.97.*. The primary wins server is setup as recommend to pull and the remote to push, but even so they just don’t replicate their databases. I have tried just about every thing I can think off. I am I better of just having one wins server? We have a total of about 100 workstations across the two sites and don’t really use wins regularly but it’s a real pain when it’s not working

Thanks in advance

Its sounds like the current setup will only replicate one way (from the secondary WINS to the Primary WINS).

Have you tried configuring both WINS servers to PULL and PUSH to each other.

This is how our environment is confiured and it works perfectly.

I have adjusted both of the servers so that they have their own Ip in both the pri and secondary tabs, Deleted the existing wins.mdb and reset the registery on both machines then restarted and still nothing its been about forty minutes now and still I am unable to browse the remote site?

Any Idea's

Are you able to ping accross the WAN?

Is the default gateway to the correct router?

CMegha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back