Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wins Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman00

Technical User
Aug 28, 2001
US
I'm got a problem with a Wins server reporting back on a <1C> Domain Controller query that my Ras clients are Domain Contollers. When I view the WINS database, I don't see a <1C> suffix reported for any of the Ras clients. The problem is that the list of domain controllers is about 25 long and the Netlogon get s broadcasted out to the entire list on every logon. Do I have a corrupted database? Any ideas what the problem may be. Thanks in advance.

Are your RAS clients registered in WINS with 21h records (the special WINS record registered by RRAS for remote connections)? If not then the problem might be RRAS improperly registering the clients.

Is your RRAS server also a Domain Controller?

Have you tried just deleting the record and see if it is recreated properly?

Pax,
Richard

The Ras clients don't have a 21h record, we use a Cisco as5300 for Ras and authicate with MS IAS raduis server. The Wins server is not a domain controller, it's a DHCP/DNS/WINS server. I have deleted all the RAS client entries for the RAS clients, but the client still show up in the 1C record query.

Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back