Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WinME client NOT displaying login/desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlcos

IS-IT--Management
Jan 18, 2002
US
Having a very strange problem with the current version of the ICA32 client (6.20.985) on two WinME systems. Help!

We have remote clients who access our MetaFrame XPs farm via VPN (VPN to the network, then ICA32 client to the server). This normally works fine for employees using a vaeriety of platforms (Win2K, Win98 & Win95). We do not corporately support WinME, and don't use it.

However, one of our department managers has a WinME system at home that he wants to use to access the Citrix server farm. Everything appears to install and work as normal, but the strange part is this: even though I can see the server farm to configure a piblished app for him (just a desktop), when he starts his connection, it asks him for a login ID & Password (we don't use pass-thru authentication for security reasons) as it should... but then he never sees a server logon OR a desktop window!!!

The ICA Connection icon in the system tray appears, and if you open it, it shows him as being connected to the server, but the client window never shows. Eventually he gets a time-out message.

What is really strange is that I also have a WinME system at home that I have been using to try to get this to work, and I am having the same probem on MY system! His is an HP system, mine is a home-brew, so I don't believe there are many hardware similarities.

I know the ICA32 client CAN work on a WinME system, as I have another system that worked just fine a few months ago (it was upgraded to WinXP so I can't do a comparison there).

Any ideas?!? Video settings, maybe? Neither one has an unusual setting (one is 640x480, the other is 800x600), so I don't think that's it, but...

Check to see if you published the Desktop as a Seamless App. It should not be set for Seamless. You should specify a window size or allow the client to select a window size for a Desktop Connection.

See if you have the same problem making a "Server" connection instead a "Published App" using "Add Custom ICA Connection".

If you still have the same problems. Delete the published app and recreate it.

Dave Namou, MCSE CCEA

It is not a seamless app. Direct server connection rather than published app behaves exactly the same way.

This problem ONLY seems to occur with WinME clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back