Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wininit.exe Missing / Unable to load

Status
Not open for further replies.

marieannie

Programmer
Jan 14, 2004
US
Hi. I'm using Windows ME. And when is starting appears the following error
Wininit.exe missing / Unable to load
Press any key to continue...

When I press any key it continues to load windows.
But I want to fix this problem.
Can Somebody help me?

Thanks

Thanks. I took a look at the MS article. The error message I get is a little different ("not found" error, not "cannot run" and is now gone because I restored wininit.exe from the install disk). There is nothing in the load= line of my win.ini.

I'm going to reinstall ME - not a clean install, just reinstall in place. I think that should work ok - at least leave me no worse off than where I am now. If that does not solve the problem, I think I'm looking at a clean install.

I think before I didn't that I would take a little time and scan my system. Make sure you have the latest update for your virus software. I would also running spyware program and see if it might turnup something. I would go over to the knowledge base and do a search or two.
Good Luck IS a restore out of the question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back