Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WinGate Proxy advanced question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkosJal

Technical User
Feb 13, 2005
MX
I recently discovered a need to be able to upload via TFTP and HTTP to some dedicated internet appliances. This need, is because the appliances go out and look for some servers on the net and configure themselves with files downloaded via TFTP or HTTP at startup. I want to be able to send fake files to those devices.

I know trhat this is being done with Linux. I think Winproxy is my only hope on windows.

when one of these devices is connected to a WinProxy server, it does its DNS lookup then goes to the IP address to get the file. I want WinProxy to intercept that request from the appliance connected to the LAN side, and then redirect that request to a local server *probably for instance the same machine running winproxy, while that machine is also running a TFTP server for instance.

I downloaded and tried the current demo of Winproxy, however the number of problems I ran into with it were enormous. I would rather not keep messing with it if this is not do-able.

I forgot to mention it should run on ME if you suggest something diffeerent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back