Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WINFIOL 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyPiner

Technical User
Aug 22, 2002
GB
I understand that there is a a remote access program for the MD110 similar to the terminal programme FIOL, can anyone advise me of a retail or other source. I also use Dyna-text 2.3 with the BC10 CD. Is there a better reference libary out there?

IMHO, two ways:
1. pcAnywere - great possibilities, but slow if through the dial-up.
2. WinFIOL on your local PC + modem <--------> modem on MD110.

Modems can be replased by modern comm devices.

Also, there are a variety of TelnetCOM programs. Also in that case WinFIOL is of use.

Do you know where I can get a copy of WINFIOL?

i highly recommend winFiol, very useful tool and easy to do large number of changes using batch files esp in combination with excel.

Yes, of course. And scripts too.
" .. in combination with Excel" - to prepare cmd files or some more advanced with VBasic?

i use it to prepare cmd files. not got into VB as never had to use it.
just as an example if you have to KSEXE a lot of extns or any other command you need to confirm with a y; you simply get the list of extension numbers in the 3rd column of an excel sheet and below the extension numbers enter the same number of y's . enter ksexe in 2nd column (copy of course no need to type all in). and ; in 4th column. now the good bit.... enter 1 in top of 1st column then 3 in next cell down and 5 in 3rd cell. select those 3 cells and then drag the bottom corner of the selection down to give all your extension number rows an odd number. do the same for the y rows but do 2,4,6 and give them all an even number. then you sort by column one and there you have a ksexc followed by y; on the next line for the whole lot..... works for lots of things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back