Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows2000 and visionfs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcpn

Technical User
May 31, 2001
GB
Hi,

I have a windows2000 prof pc with Office2000, a sco server running 5.0.6 (with latest patches) and visionfs 3.1 (with latest patches).

Word documents are saved to a share on the sco server. Everthing works fine except the pc has a fax modem in it and when a document is retrived from the server and faxed the fax manager hangs. It works okay for a new document and even works if you retrieve the document to the pc, save it and then reopen it before faxing it. The fax works okay if the document is saved to a share on another pc or saved to the local disk

problem does not exist with a pc running windows98 and office 97.

I've looked in the vision profile settings and cannot see anything that could cause this.

Any ideas?

I would take a closer look at the configuration of your fax manager on the 2000 system. If everything is working with the 95/98 PC's, it would indicate that the Visionfs is properly configured on the network.

Arizonasco

Thanks for your reply. I'm now fairly certain the problem is with the fax software that comes with windows2000. I downloaded activefax and this worked a treat, unfortunatley it's 500 dollars to buy as it's a true multi-user fax server, so I'm now looking at winfaxpro to see if that works - it's only 40 pounds for a single user licence.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back