Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP SSH client for accessing OBSD 3.4 server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r00tMonster

Technical User
Dec 4, 2002
US
I have an old K6-III 450Mhz running OBSD 3.4 and I want to ssh into it using a Windows XP laptop.

Is there a Windows XP client that will allow me to do this???

x::0:0::::

Yes putty is very nice, think I'll be using it quite a bit:)

Also, FYI I found a program called winSCP which is also free. It has a nice windows IE type interface putty is lacking. I'll give winSCP to mobile users;-)

x::0:0::::

I only use Putty and WinSCP for all interactions with Unix, and my BSD server at home.

IF you have both Putty and WinSCP installed and you point Winscp to the location of Putty, during your Winscp connection, hit CRTL-P to connect to that specific computer via Putty. WinSCP also looks for Pageant, which allows for auto-login via certificate. You can make the certificates using PuttyGen.

My hats off to both of these awesome, free-ware products.

I love winscp3 it is NICE. Also if you want command line interface you can download cygwin. That works too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back