Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP SP2 Schannel

Status
Not open for further replies.

danvant

IS-IT--Management
Jun 3, 2003
GB
Hi Guys,

I have been having a couple of issues with XP Pro SP2. The machines keep losing their connection to the domain, the old error message to do with the Schannel is logged in the event logs, all other pc's with SP1a are fine, has anybody else experienced this problem. i can fix it by running netdom utility..

No, I have not had that problem but I am undable to install my printer which is not a nice thought.

Xpmessed

Xpmessed,

Start a new thread and see if we can work out the issue with the printer installation.

Give some details as to any error messages or the process you went through and why it seems not have worked.

Printer issues other than some USB port related problems that are solvable have been fairly rare under SP2.

bcastner,

cheers will do, cant do anything until tomorrow.

Enhancing the logging level may well reveal exactly the problem, and you won't need this Forum. But it would be nice to know of any Schannel issues possibly raised by SP2, and your resolution. So please report back.

Also, do not forget to turn off enhanced logging, unless you make a regular habit of clearing event logs. These can become quite sizable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back