Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP Sleep and Restart Problems (ACPI MAYBE???)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bristlesr

Technical User
May 21, 2001
AU
Hey All,

I have recently got myself a new PC rig custom made. Little did i know that the Sleep and Restart function will not work. What happens is that u get to the Windows is now restarting blue screen and it just freezes at that point and has a full system lockup. It is driving me crazy!!!

When I tryed to find what the problem is, I looked in my error logs and found heaps of ACPI errors of all different sorts at the times when i put it to sleep. I have searched everywhere for drivers but still am unsucessful.

My system config is
AMD Athlon XP 1700+
ASUS A7V266-E Socket A Motherboard (VIA KT266A Chipset)
512MB DDR SDRAM
Windows XP Home Edition
Absolute/3D Power Mopheous Geforce3 Graphics Card (64MB DDR)

I can give u more details if u think it is something more in my system then what i am telling u but i think it has to be something with the motherboard or Windows XP

PLEASE HELP!!! I need to use Restart and Sleep Mode

Bryce Robinson

Make sure ACPI is enabled in the BIOS (and it's detected in the Device Manager), also make sure u have the latest VIA 4in1 drivers installed and the latest BIOS for your mobo.

Hey all

I have figured out that there was a conflicying module with my virus scanner and have uninstalled it. I can now put it to sleep but i STILL cant restart.

Also, is it possible to do a system restore point before i put on the new via 4 in 1 drivers and the motherboard update and if something goes wrong and i cant get back into windows, can i return to a restore point via dos if worst comes to worst.

Bryce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back